TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
Terms and conditions of payment:
- 20% deposit required to confirm a new booking.
- 20% payment required 120 days prior to arrival
- Final Balance due, 90 days prior to arrival
Booking processing will not begin until we receive a signed proposal confirming the booking and full payment of the deposit and or balance as per above.
Should you for any reason wish to cancel your travel plans, part of the travel package agreed to or in full, you will be liable as per specific cancellation policy in each specific case. You must advise us in writing of your cancellation and any such cancellation must be signed by the person who made the original booking. The refund of cancelled services will be in line with the following cancellation policy set hereunder:
Change of names is permitted subject to flight reissue penalties. No shows for all or part of services under this contract will be treated as cancellation resulting in a 100% cancellation fee of total tour cost
|CANCELLATION OR REDUCTION IN ROOMS||RESULTING PENALTY|
|After confirmation||20% of cost|
|Less than 91 days prior to arrival date||50% of cost|
|Less than 60 days prior to arrival||100% of tour cost|
Cancellation policy applicable to cancellations due to COVID-19** restrictions
|CANCELLATION PERIOD||RESULTING PENALTY|
|61 days or more prior to arrival||10% administration fee* retained. Balance fully refunded.|
|60 days or less prior to arrival||Booking may be moved forward to a future date within 24 months from date of travel with no penalties imposed but subject to seasonal rate changes|
*Administration fee: This fee will be applied to costs in connection with Environmental & Habitat Management, Conservation, Community and Anti-Poaching commitments in preparation for guest’s arrival in future.
**Covid-19 related restrictions include:
- If a property in the region that the guest is due to visit is temporarily closed.
- If the Government of the country included in your itinerary has closed its borders to international travellers.
- If the Government of the country included in your itinerary has declared no visa issue to travellers from the country of origin of the guest.
- If the Government of the country included in your itinerary has imposed a mandatory quarantine upon entering the country.
- In the event of 1) to 4) above only affecting a portion of the itinerary where the majority of travel is still possible, travel may still occur with either a proposed alternative to the effected portion if such is possible or a shortened version of the originally confirmed itinerary may be utilised, and a credit note for the unutilised portion of the itinerary will be issued as per the above policy.
- If the Government of the guest’s country of residence has closed its borders to all but essential travel.
Not withstanding the above, the following terms will apply:
- In event of cancellation, Salute Africa will undertake to renegotiate the refund policy with the relevant suppliers on the behalf of the client and should such prove to be successful, further refunds will be made to the client.
- Should booking form part of a group booking ( 12 pax or more) and the number of participants in that specific group fall under the Minimum requirement as based on a number of participants used for the purposes of the accepted quote, per person cost will need to be recalculated based on the new number of participants and each participant will be liable for the additional costs without exception.
- In the event where services are not performed to clients full satisfaction, the client or cardholder shall contact Salute Africa with their grievances in writing within 24 hours of the resulting dissatisfaction. The grievance must be reported to Support Team +27836040556 or email email@example.com. No other actions are appropriate from the client/cardholder.
In event of dissatisfaction, Salute Africa will do all possible to solve the issue immediately or negotiate with the supplier for an appropriate compensation or refund. The approved compensation will then be passed on to the client. We require clients to take out travel insurance to cover all unforeseen circumstances.
Data Storage Policy
Kindly note that we will process and store clients personal information for the purpose of providing a quotation or touring service(s) as requested, the processing and storing of which personal information will be conditional upon the assumption that, as the agent acting on behalf of your client, the agent has the necessary power and authority to disclose their client’s personal information to us for this purpose. Once the agent on behalf of their client has confirmed the booking as per the proposed offer, it will be deemed that the client has agreed to Salute Africa’s / Travel League Inbound CC/LLC’s trading terms and Conditions as attached to the proposal and the signed booking form. Please note that should the agent / the client fail to agree to our trading terms and conditions within a reasonable time from the date on which the final offer is submitted to the agent (i.e. 12 months), it will be deemed that the agent / the client does not intend to proceed with the booking in which event we will be required by law to proceed to remove the client’s personal identifiable information from our records.
Payment Options and Pricing
Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, trading as Salute Africa, endeavours to offer you competitive prices on current products;
Wire or deposit transactions will be processed in American Dollar (US$)
Please make an ACH payment to our bank details:
Wells Fargo Bank NA
420 Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, 94104
For Direct Deposit Routing Number (RTN): 026012881 with ABA Number: 026012881
For Wire Transfers Routing Number (RTN): 121000248
Beneficiary: Travel League Inbound LLC dba Salute Africa c/o Levine & Seltzer LLP
500 Fifth Avenue – 37th Floor, New York, NY 10110
We accept MasterCard / Visa /Amex cards. In an effort to simplify the booking process for our guests and clients we have translated the local currency charges into a single currency namely United States Dollars. While this facility is intended to facilitate ease of payment for our clients, the underlying liability and contractual commitment remains the original source currency of in South African Rands (ZAR).
Depending on the gateway used or available at the time of payment, credit cards payments may be processed in South African Rands (ZAR). Where the cards are charged in South African Rands (ZAR), the exchange takes place at a prevailing US$ – ZAR exchange rate as published by any of the major South African Banks at the time of generating the electronic invoice with a link to the payment gateway.
Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, trading as Salute Africa has no control over the exchange rate used by the cardholder’s bank on settlement and any exchange rate differences which may occur shall be borne by the cardholder and not Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa
In cases where the booking was discussed and confirmed through an agent facilitating the booking, the agent is deemed to have acted on cardholder’s/travellers behalf with full authority and authorisation. It is further assumed that the cardholder received all the terms of booking from the agent and has consented thereto prior to processing any payments.
The cardholder is deemed to have made himself aware of the services included under the proposal referenced on the signed booking form. Should the cardholder be unsure of the services included in the package, it is the sole responsibility of the cardholder to contact Salute Africa for clarification via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The card holder is deemed to have made himself aware of any additions to the booked and confirmed package referred to on the signed booking form and is deemed to have agreed to them prior to payment being processed.
Where total booking cost is paid in parts or by numerous card holders or payments or both, the terms and conditions and acceptance thereof are deemed to apply to all payments as one in the same and will be deemed to be treated as a settlement of debt incurred for tour package booked.
For more information about how to book, all booking requirements and other payment options, please contact our Support Team +27117836440 or email@example.com.
In the event of a change to the confirmed booking, an amended booking will be recalculated in source currency and converted to USD using the relevant exchange rate of the day as reflected on Oanda.com which may attract extra charges as a result. If a refund is due, such will be calculated in the source currency and be paid in that source currency. We are able to pay these refunds in United States Dollars and if that is requested, we will do so at the current rate of exchange which may differ from the exchange rate when the booking was first made.
- The Merchant does not have access to and does not receive or stores any client card details. This applies to any contents of the payment card magnetic stripe (track data) on any media whatsoever; the CVV/from the client and or his agent.
- It is Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa policy tCVC (the 3 or 4 digit number on the signature panel on the reverse of the payment card) on any media whatsoever and the PIN or the encrypted PIN Block under any circumstance.
- Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa will never, and under no circumstances would ever request any card data, physically or electronically o never receive any cardholder data (PAN, track data, etc.) over the internet via email, instant chat or any other end-user technologies, be it with a strong encryption mechanism (i.e. – AES encryption, PGP encryption, IPSEC, etc.) or not.
- Secure Payment gateways are used to process credit card transactions, all of which are SSL encrypted. The company providing the gateways, registration documents and the site’s registered domain name are checked and verified regularly, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate the gateway to obtain confidential information.
- The online terminal and payment systems (the “Payment System”), owned and operated by either Elavon, Inc. (“Elavon”) or Mobipaid group of companies, are each in their own operation committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards and is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Both payment systems Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa /Merchant, do not have access to credit details.
- Both payment systems and their respective owner parent companies continually review & enhance security in line with technological changes.
Force Majeure Circumstances
Force majeure means unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond Merchants control or the control of Merchants suppliers, the consequence of which neither the Merchant nor its suppliers could avoid even with all due care. Such circumstances include, but not limited to, war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity (actual or threatened), industrial dispute, unavoidable technical problems with transport, machinery or equipment, power failure, changes imposed by rescheduling or cancellation of flights by an airline, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood, drought, adverse weather conditions, epidemics, pandemics or outbreaks of illness and level of water in rivers.
The Merchant will not be liable to refund the refund the cardholder or pay compensation to the card holder if the contractual obligations to the cardholder are affected by force majeure.
Furthermore, under any force-majeure circumstances, where such did not permit the merchant to perform any of its obligations to the card holder, the period of performing Merchants obligations to the cardholder shall be extended for the period of the duration of such circumstances. In addition, should the force-majeure circumstances create a need to alter the agreed upon services, accommodation or their logistical order, the Merchant shall do so in order to fulfil its obligations to the cardholder/client. The party failing to perform the obligations under the agreed itinerary, as a result of force-majeure circumstances, shall immediately inform the other party at the start or beginning and cessation of such circumstances and propose a solution. Documents, issued by the competent authorities of the corresponding country can be requested and shall be regarded as a proof of the existence of such circumstances and their duration.
Additional costs incurred under a force-majeure event are specifically and always for the account of the cardholder/client.
Medical condition of any individual guest may not be regarded as a force-majeure.
We may charge a reasonable fee to cover the administration costs associated with providing alternative travel arrangements or products where your booking is affected by Force Majeure.
This agreement shall be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with, and shall be governed by the laws of South Africa . It is agreed between you and Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa that all lawsuits against Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa arising under, in connection with, or incidental to the booking and the travel services shall be filed, if at all, in the courts South Africa to the exclusion of the courts of or in any other country or jurisdiction.
Limited Liability Disclaimer
Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa, our employees, shareholders, officers, directors, successors and agents, purchase transportation (by aircraft or otherwise), and other services from various independent suppliers (including from time to time other affiliated companies and are not liable for any negligent or wilful act of any such person or entity or of any third person.
- Without limitation, Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa are not responsible for any injury, financial or physical loss, death, inconvenience, delay or damage to personal property in connection with the provision of any goods/services, resulting from our actions, Force Majeure or otherwise.
- There are many inherent risks in adventure travel of the type involved here, which can lead to illness, injury or even death. These risks are increased as these trips take place in remote locations, far from medical facilities. In particular, if you decide to participate in any activities including, but not limited to, any excursions involving animals, mokoro excursions, motorised and paddleboat excursions, walking safaris, night game drives, helicopter flights, fishing, hot air ballooning, white-water rafting, primate trekking and any activity which may carry inherent risks of serious illness, injury or death, then you fully understand and acknowledge that you take complete responsibility for your own health and safety. By booking this trip, you agree to assume all risks of injury, illness or death, whether foreseen or unforeseen that may befall you as a result of participating in any Activities or otherwise and agree to release Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa, our agents, employees and representatives and suppliers from any liability whatsoever related thereto, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Further, as consideration for booking this trip, you release Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa, whether known or unknown, from, and agree not to sue or make claim against the Company for property damage, cancellation of any activities for any reason, illness, negligent rescue operations or procedures, personal injury or death arising from your participation in any Activities, and any activity related thereto, including transportation to and from the site of the Activities, regardless of whether such property damage, illness, personal injury, or death results from Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa’s negligence (but not our reckless, willful, or fraudulent conduct) and/or from any defect in the equipment. You further agree to indemnify and hold Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa harmless with respect to any claim made against Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa by anyone else which a) related to your participation, or b) would be subject to the above release and covenant not to sue if you had made this claim directly yourself.
- Any excursions and/or activities taken/added to your booking may not have been health and safety or risk assessed. It is therefore your responsibility to check whether a particular activity has been assessed or not. Should you choose to participate in any excursion and/or activity which has not been health and safety or risk assessed and/or approved, you are deemed to fully understand and acknowledge the inherent risks that come with participating in such an excursion and/or activity.
- Nothing in this clause “Limited Liability” shall seek to release Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa and our affiliates, our agents, employees and representatives from any liability which cannot be excluded under the laws of the relevant country which govern these Booking Conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these Booking Conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these Booking Conditions shall not be affected.
- If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision of this agreement would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision shall apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable.
Travel Advisories / Warnings
It is your responsibility to monitor the most current travel advisories and warnings by referring to your relevant government agency. In the event of an active State Department or other government agency travel warning against travel to the specific location(s) of the stay, should you still choose to travel, notwithstanding any travel advisory or warning then you assume all risk of personal injury, death or property damage that may arise out of the events like those advised or warned against.
Travel Insurance requirement
We require you to take out comprehensive travel insurance at or before the time of booking. This insurance should cover cancellation and curtailment, all medical expenses including evacuation/repatriation, personal baggage, personal liability, death and permanent disability and travel document insurance. Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa will not be responsible for any losses arising which would otherwise have been covered by insurance.
Any claim arising out of or relating to these Booking Conditions, including to the Limits on Travel League Inbound CC/LLC, dba Salute Africa obligations specifically, to any information relating in any way to the booking, to the booking itself or to any products or services related to the booking, shall be settled in the first instance by binding arbitration in the applicable legal forum as detailed under Applicable Law clause. In lieu of a personal appearance at arbitration, the arbitration may be conducted by telephonic means. Arbitration is the exclusive forum in the first instance for dispute resolution and except as otherwise provided by statute, each party shall bear its own costs and expenses and an equal share of the arbitrator and administrative fees.