South Africa prides itself on having some of the best golf course terrains in the world. The comfortable climate allows golfers to enjoy the sport all year round. South Africa has produces a number of famous, talented golfers.
Salute Africa gives you the option of combining your golfing excursion with a safari, enhancing your experience and making it truly unforgettable.
Here are our “BIG 5” thrilling reasons why your next Golf Tour should be in South Africa
- Play those “extreme golf” holes you only see on golf calendars. The Legend Golf & Safari’s very own “Extreme 19th Hole”, a 400-yard par 3 hole off of a mountain ledge onto a green shaped like Africa, is one of those experiences.
- The Gary Player Golf Course needs no introduction. This world-renowned course was designed by Gary Player and is the home of the Nedbank Golf Challenge, now part of the European Tour Race to Dubai. This picturesque 18 hole, par 72 walking course received rave reviews from the world’s top golfers, who agree that it is both demanding and fair.
- The Links in Fancourt is currently ranked as the number one golf course in the country. No wonder Tiger Woods and Ernie Els dueled on this course to their legendary drawback at the 2003 Presidents Cup.
- Challenge yourself on the Pearl Valley Golf & Country Estate, a waterlogged Jack Nicklaus course surrounded by the mountain range and a number of unique wine estates for wine tasting and dining, also a host to three South Africa Opens from 2007 through to 2009.
- Imagine playing one of the exclusive country clubs in the US, only place it in the midst of the famous Kruger National Park with wildlife casually walking nearby. That’s Leopard Creek Country Club itself – host to the European Tour’s Alfred Dunhill Championship since 2011 – an unbeatable experience!