The place to be
Did you know that Namibia has a close resemblance to Mars? Namibia is a country in South West Africa. This spectacular country has diverse wildlife and a welcoming, warm climate that is perfect for a relaxing holiday. “Salute Africa” offers tours to Namibia on individual or group routes.
On Namibia’s territory, there are savannah zones, but the two most well-known deserts are the Namib and Kalahari which occupy significant sections of the lands.
A trip to Namibia will allow you to get acquainted not only with stunning landscapes, but also the history of the country and its people’s culture.
- Namibia’s main attraction is the extraordinary Namib Desert which is one of the worlds oldest deserts.
- Despite the fact that the official language is English, not more than 7% of the country’s people speak it. Most Namibians use Ndong, and Afrikaans ( The language of neighboring South Africa).
- The best Namibian souvenir is a diamond.
- It is the second least populated country in the world.
- The Skeleton Coast here got its name from the surprising number of seal and whale skeletons that line the coast. This coast is known for shipwrecks, an estimated 1000 ships were wrecked here.
- This vibrant country has 13 ethnic groups.
- Namibia has some of the tallest sand dunes on Earth.
- It has the worlds biggest population of free-roaming black rhinos and cheetahs.
What to see in Namibia
The main places of interest of the country are natural monuments. We recommend that you add the following items to your travel program.
- Experiance diverse landscapes at the Etosha National Park.
- Enjoy a camping trip in the safari at Sossusvlei in the Namib Desert.
- Visit the breathtaking sandy beaches of Swakopmund, a coastal city in the country.
- Spend an unforgettable day at Pelican Point in Walvis Bay.
- Learn more about its fascinating history at Kolmanskop.
- Adventure through the wondrous canyons of Sesriem.
- Feel the heat of the day and the night chill of the Namib and Kalahari deserts.
- Climb to the observation deck of the world’s second largest canyon – Fish River Canyon.
- Drive on the Desert Express. Traveling on this comfortable tourist train will allow you to get acquainted with the country in a hotel on wheels. The traffic schedule is built in such a way that passengers can enjoy the stunning sunsets and sunrises of the desert.
Have a bite to eat!
End an eventful day the right way, with a mouth-watering meal. You can try a steak from the meat of Antelope, Crocodile, Ostrich, and Zebra. Tripe is a traditional food and is served with an array of unique sides. Pap is also a common dish and is usually accompanied by a traditional braai or meat dish and topped with a delightful tomato and onion stew. Treat your taste buds to an authentic Namibian Potjie Kos or, if you’re feeling daring, try some savory crispy Mopane worms.
Book your trip to Namibia and get acquainted with the life of amazing tribes and the desolation of the desert. Visit a country where every day the sun shines. The best time to visit this spectacular place is in Winter, which lasts from May to October. In the period there is absolutely no rain and the weather is not too hot. Travel with “Salute Africa” for an unforgettable meeting with the African desert!