Best safari in the world.
Officially the Republic of Kenya is a country in East Africa with a population of approximately 48 million people and Swahili as a national language. Its capital and largest city is Nairobi. Kenya’s territory lies on the equator and overlies the East African Rift covering a diverse and expansive terrain that extends roughly from Lake Victoria to Lake Turkana (formerly called Lake Rudolf) and further south-east to the Indian Ocean. It is bordered by Tanzania to the south and southwest, Uganda to the west, South Sudan to the north-west, Ethiopia to the north and Somalia to the north-east.
Most known for action packaged safari opportunity but also offers varied of options in extreme, unusual or archaeological tourism. Don’t forget the beautiful white sand beaches at its coast including Diani, Bamburi, and Kilifi, where international yachting competitions are held every year.
- Mount Kenya is the highest mountain in Kenya and the second-highest in Africa, after Kilimanjaro.
- The greatest spectacle of the Great Migration – seeing wildebeest cross the Mara river where the crocodiles prey on them, is best observed from Maasai Mara National Park.
- The shores of Lake Rudolph, now known as Lake Turkana, were key to the study of human evolution, as it was here where several fossils, later proved to be related to the extinct species of the Hominini tribe were first discovered.
- The imaginary line of the equator bisects through Kenya’s Meru National Park, and while there’s no marker, there’s a certain novelty to game-viewing directly on top of the equator. Some lodges offer a unique opportunity to cross the equator simply by walking from your room to the restaurant.
What to see in Kenya
- Visit a traditional Maasai village and learn of their wisdom and evolving knowledge while still keeping their customary traditions.
- Admire the spectacular peaks of Mount Kenya.
- Feast your eyes on a million bright pink flamingos on the Nakuru and Bogoria lakes.
- Visit Amboseli National Park – not only for the great game viewing but also for the best views of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Experience the thrill of a safari from a hot air balloon over the Maasai Mara National Reserve.
- See one of the geologic wonders of the world, The Great Rift Valley.
- Visit Karen Blixen Museum and the Giraffe center and step into the set of “Out of Africa”.
Finally, the best part… food!
One delightful element about Kenya food is its diverse flavor. Kenyan cooking draws upon a variety of ethnic traditions merged with the seasonings and tastes of outside countries. The most common spice used is a chili pepper.
Definitely, try some Nyama Choma – barbequed beef or goat meat roasted or grilled over an open fire.
A must would have to be a cup of Kenyan coffee – consistently rich flavor along with a deep, wine-like acidity and pleasant aroma.
The best part of every meal is undoubtedly the surrounding scenery of the beautiful landscape and wildlife.
Tour Kenya with Salute Africa – as we take you on an exciting and safe adventure. With us, your vacation will pass “Hakuna Matata”, which in Swahili means “without worries”!